Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Carving Our Picked Pumpkins :)

I wanted Ava to carve a pumpkin, you know, stick her hand in, pull it out and experience pumpkin carving at it's yuckiest! 


I LOVE it, Brett dislikes it, and well... she liked it for a few minutes! I finished it and she told me it had to have a sad face...  Oh, and I believe that kids should not hold knives (you give the "okay" once, for a reason like this and from then on they think they are "big enough") So my children do not CARVE pumpkins!!! (They gut them..) So Ava really only gutted it... So here is Ava's first carved pumpkin! :)

Oh and I hope that all mom's hear about making pumpkins this way, cause for kids, it is so GREAT!!! I did one for each kid... It is kinda like "Mr. Potato Head" pieces, but made for pumpkins, you can find them at Robert's, Micheal's and even WalMart. So here are our kids pumpkins...
 
Oh and here are Brett and I's pumpkins too! I told you I love it!!! I carved the castle and Brett did the amazing one with Cinderella!


Who notices first??? I bet Brynn and Holls... maybe Mandi!

4 comments:

Manda L. said...

I am really impressed with your skills as a team there. Those are some awesome pumpkins. Looks like Brett is embracing all the girls in his house like a champ.

Manda L. said...

You sneeky bugger! I didn't even notice!!!! I am so cracking up over here!

Brynn said...

HA! That's awesome and I totally admit one of the first things I noticed... awesome. That Cinderella pumpkin is fantastic- only a butch man could've accomplished that piece of art. :) So I'm not sure when but Cam wants to look at some property up in your neck of the woods pretty soon, so we'll make a day of it and do lunch by you. We can come see your new house. I'll let you know. :)

Brynn said...

Oh and where did you find those awesome faces for the pumpkins? Those rock- and I concur about not letting little ones handle knives... well played.