Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Brett's Birthday

Today is my husband's 29th birthday! I was so excited to get to "do" a birthday again... I love to make the cake and decorate the house and plan little surprises behind the 'birthday persons" back! 

For days before I plan, shop, and scheme.  I am as sneaky as sneaky can be! I even had Ava trained for when days asked what we bought. She was trained to say..."Stop asking Daddy, it's a surprise." And I can not count how many times she had to use it... It's just sad how Brett was trying to pry information out of her. But she held like a lock box! 

Even once Brett asked her where we went...(as in what stores we went to) and she dropped her chin in disappointment, looking at him through her eyebrows and replied "Its for you birtday, now do not as me again, dad."  It was great!!! I
 didn't ever train her to say that, I think she w
as just fed up with him trying to be sneaky.

The girls and I woke up early and made eggs, french toast, bacon, muffins and pancakes (oh yea, I can cook!) We also hung blue (BYU) steamers all over the living room, and kitchen/dining area, blew up 24 blue balloons, and made noodle necklaces (daddy's had a "birthday daddy" sign on it.) This is all while Brett slept in (which is much deserved!). 

Then we sang and opened presents... he made out like a bandit!  We then played it lay-Z, Ella napped. Daddy and Ava went on an errand got a treat. (Roni... treat will never sound the same, but I can't find another word, thanks...) Then Ava went to school and Brett played his new game. 
After Ava's school, we went for a picnic at the park by our house... we were there for like 1 1/2 hrs it was good to just have time out with Brett and the girls. 
Then we came home changed and ate a Texas Roadhouse. YUM! (they finally got my steak right..3rd times a charm!) 
When we got home we had our neighbors over for cake and ice cream! It was really nice to have some company.  Overall Brett's birthday was a hit! 

6 comments:

Carter Family said...

Glad it was a good one. Happy birthday Brett!!!

Brynn said...

Yayyy!! I finally get to spy on my friend and see what she and her beautiful family are up to!! Girl- I can't believe you have a 3 YEAR OLD!! Let alone two kids. Correction... two GiRlS! I love it. Tell Brett happy birthday for me & I wanna see you soon. Any time you're in the the valley I can meet you. Love the new blogness. :)

Manda L. said...

Happy Birthday Brett!! Hope it was a good one!

stephensfamily said...

Happy Birthday Brett!!! I am glad to have your blog site. I am in agreement when I say treat is not the same word anymore! Or at least for the Carter's

Holley Poore said...

Hey love! I just text you I am reading your update right when your reading mine! I miss you too I will call you when I am finshed reading everything I have missed. What day next week works for you to get together?? Tues or wed works best for me.. I talk to brynn too.. Love you!!!!

jim and wendi said...

Hey Brett. Happy Birthday! Do you really live in Riverdale? I used to live in Roy. Weird. Glad to see that things are going well. We really need to keep in touch. Check out the harvey blog too. jwharvey.blogspot.com