Sunday, October 12, 2008

First Snow!!!

So we woke up this morning to at least 4-5 inches!!! It was so bitter sweet... huh... it's nice cause it's fun, but in my mind i start thinking "bundle up, everyone is gonna start getting sick" it's the season of runny noses! It stinks! But it brought a good morning. :)

Brett was home so I cooked breakfast, pancakes, eggs, bacon & rolls.  We lit a fire in the fireplace, went over "fire safety" for a 3 yr old... :) and had a slow morning. After church, Ella napped and Ava bundled up (under mom's orders) and Brett and I went outside with her to make snow balls... it was a good day. By the time we got outside, about 4ish, there was at least 8-10 inches! it was crazy!!! A slow day... do whatever day and hangout day. It was great.  Somedays I just need to slow down.  I think that everyone just needs to slow down... I don't know about anyone else but Oprah (yes, I'm a housewife...) has been talking about being OVERWHELMED. And some of the horrible, life changing things that can happen, cause people are not thinking about what they are doing at that moment, they are always thinking one step ahead... so today was nice. My mind was on what we were dong at that moment and not worried about what was next, or getting things done. I love spending time with my husband, he calms me. I'll post pics of "snow time fun" soon! :)

5 comments:

Brynn said...

Man... totally know what you mean by having to really think about "slowing down" cause it's true it's not just physical- it's mentally... chillaxin'. Yes, chillaxin'. Yeah- I wanna see pics too!

Stacy and family said...

You are so beautiful and what a cute family! I've got a daughter named Ella too. It's great to see you here.

Stacy Clifford

Holley Poore said...

HI! So I totally know what you mean about everything you said... It feels like we have not had a free second in the last 6 months! As for the snow.. we were in texas so we missed the actual falling of snow but we sure did come home seeing all white.. no grass insight! and not to mention FREEZING COLD!! Lunch this week?? so my old # is offically gone.. call or text me and let me know. luv ya and miss you!

Manda L. said...

Sounds like fun! Did you get the invite to our blog?

Manda L. said...

What a spaz I am, of course you did, you left a comment!!