Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mason is coming!

We had a doctors appointment today, all is well! Heartbeat is strong, blood pressure is great and no swelling! He and I are healthy and strong, even though we are still contracting. (so frustrating!)  But count your blessings right? 
We didn't get an ultrasound at this appointment, 38 weeks, cause he is doing great and it was not needed, so sad (I love seeing him...)
Our doctor did ask if we would like to be induced or wait it out? And I thought to myself... huh... 
"did she really just ask me that?... I've been contracting for 11 weeks now, on and off of bed rest... and Oh! wait she meant today? Do I wanna be induced today? That's gotta be what she meant... (cause any woman in her right mind would know I'd jump at the opportunity to get him out of me)"  So I responded... 
"today?" she gave me such a sympathy smile and said "I'm sorry, but no. Next week, Monday."  I just about died... 
Of course, I totally would have done it today, but am relieved to have a week to plan/prepare. It will be so nice to take my girls to my mom's house Sunday afternoon... get them settled, come home... straighten up and have a good nights rest. Plus this way my sister can be there, and Brett can get the restaurant in order and ready for his paternity leave.  So Monday June 1st should be Mason's birthday!!! It's nice to have an end in sight... finally. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I was induced with Jayda. I tried everything to get her out sooner on my own, nothing worked. It's so nice to know that you'll have him out soon! Good luck with everything, your family is so cute!!!