Sunday, May 17, 2009

SURPRISE, it's a Baby Shower!!!

 Our Cafe Rio "family" through us a surprise baby shower! (Well, Brett knew & I didn't)  

(Pics to come soon!)
All the ladies came by our house together, piled in with cake, flan, games, gifts and smiles! Let me just get this out there, most of the 15 women who came by speak spanish and understand some english. I however, speak NO spanish! So communication was an adventure. (Thank heaven for Elizabeth (a daughter who speaks english well)she translated a few of the conversations/directions for me!! :))

We started out by guessing my belly size... in toilet paper(10 squares exactly, by the way) :o Then they had this game where I looked at the present (didn't open it) and had to guess who it was from. The rules of this game are when I am correct, I get to "doodle" on who the gift is from. But If I guess wrong, They get to "doodle"on me. These rules were not translated... or translated well, Brett told me to guess without opening... and failed to mention that they were gonna doodle on me! (He's a rotten man!) So like 12 gifts... I MISSED EVERY ONE! (horrible) But the "fun" part was that, when I missed on the first present, the lady I guessed came over to me with bright red lipstick, pulled up my shirt and drew a big huge face on my belly! OH MY! No kidding! Second gift... I got big/over sized lips drawn on my face!!! 3rd a maroon nose like Rudolf... and it continued with lines on my cheeks, dots on my face, eyebrows on my belly baby... Oh he(my belly) also got a hat... and I also got a huge flower on my arm! It was really fun to see the different traditions/games different cultures have and to interact with all the Cafe Rio girls on a more personal level. Each one of them are so sweet, caring and giving of their time. Brett and I are so grateful for the friendships that we have been so blessed to have made since working with Cafe Rio. We really are so happy. Thank you girls!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Well I'm glad I saw that you had a blog! I'm excited for you guys to get a boy! So fun! I miss seeing you guys. Our blog is jekabstod.blogspot.com